Contact Person: Prof. Stelios Couris
The “Laser, Non-linear and Quantum Optics” Laboratory (LNLQO-Lab) has been established during the academic year 200-2001. Since, it operates both at the at the Department of Physics of the University of Patras and the Institute of Chemical Engineering Sciences (ICE-HT), Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas (FORTH),both institutions located at Rion, Patras, Greece.
In the LNLQO Laboratory modern experimental and theoretical research is carried out related to several aspects of Lasers, Nonlinear Optics and Quantum Optics. Among the various research directions of interest, particular emphasis has given on various aspects of Laser Matter Interactions, Nonlinear Optics, development of VUV laser, Characterization of the nonlinear optical response of novel photonic materials, Laser produced plasmas, Applications of Lasers in industry and environmental pollution, etc.
- “Broadband near infrared optical power limiting of few layered graphene oxides”, N. Liaros, E. Koudoumas, S. Couris, Appl. Phys. Lett. 104, 191112 (2014).
- “Palladium-based Micellar Nanohybrids: Preparation and Nonlinear Optical Response”, I. Papagiannouli, M. Demetriou, T. Krassia-Christophorou, S. Couris, RSC. Adv. 4, 8779-8788 (2014).
- “Synthesis and Characterization of the Nonlinear Optical Properties of Novel Hybrid Organic–Inorganic Semiconductor Lead Iodide Quantum Wells and Dots”, I. Papagiannouli,E. Maratou, I. Koutselas, S. Couris, J. Phys. Chem. C 118(5), 2766-2775 (2014).
- “Third-order nonlinear optical response and optical limiting of colloidal carbon dots”, P. Aloukos, I. Papagiannouli, A.B. Bourlinos, R. Zboril, S. Couris, Opt. Express 22(10), (2014).
- “Effect of metal cation complexation on the nonlinear optical response of an electroactive bisiminopyridine ligand”, K. Iliopoulos, I. Guezguez, A.P. Kerasidou, A. El-Ghayoury, D. Branzea, G. Nita, N. Avarvari, H. Belmabrouk, S. Couris, B. Sahraoui, Dyes Pigments 101, 229-233 (2014).
- “Influence of the Metal Atom and the Substituents on the Third-order Nonlinear Optical Response of Some Metal Dithiolenes”, P. Aloukos, I. Papagiannouli, N. Liaros and S. Couris, 16th Int. Conf. on Transparent Optical Networks,(2014).
- “Near-Infrared Nonlinear Optical Response of Some Carbon-Based Nanomaterials”, I. Papagiannouli, P. Aloukos, M. Akriotou, S. Couris, 16th Int. Conf. on Transparent Optical Networks, accepted (2014).
- “Nonlinear optical response of graphene derivatives”, S.Couris, N. Liaros, 16th Int. Conf. on Transparent Optical Networks, accepted (2014).
- “Nonlinear Optical Response of polymer/Pd nanoparticle systems”, I. Papagiannouli, P. Aloukos, S. Couris, 16th Int. Conf. on Transparent Optical Networks, accepted (2014).
- “Third-order Nonlinear Optical Properties of Some Novel BODIPYs”, D. Potamianos1,2, P. Giannakopoulou1,2, A. Kaloudi-Chantzea3, G. Pistolis3, S. Couris, 16th Int. Conf. on Transparent Optical Networks, accepted (2014).
Department of Physics, University of Patras, Rio campus, 26504, Greece