Contact Person: Nikolaos Uzunoglu, Dimitra Kaklamani
Telephone: +30 210 772 3556
Research at MFOL often involves developing innovative technological tools to reveal new insights into the physical world and its abstract models. The Laboratory seeks, on one hand, to develop basic understanding and intellectual means to model complex phenomena and, on the other hand, to create a foundation for building new high-performance technologies which can be used to further research progress.
MFOL currently pursues seven major research themes.
- Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technologies
- Communication – Radar Signal Processing Systems
- Computational Electromagnetics
- Optical Systems
- Biomedical Engineering
- Education Technology
- In Silico Oncology/Medicine and Multiscale Biomodeling
- Next Generation Broadband Wireless Networks
- Vassilis Kouloulias, Irene Karanasiou, Melina Giamalaki, George Matsopoulos, Kouvaris John, Kelekis Nikolaos, and Nikolaos Uzunoglu, Theoretical analysis, design, and development of a 27MHz folded loop antenna, as a potential applicator in hyperthermia treatment, accepted in International Journal of Hyperthermia
- A. Kapsalis, D. I. Kaklamani and D. Kazanskaia. “Living Labs: The Way to Successful Introduction of Innovations in Production Management _1”, Cutter IT Journal, Vol. 28, April, 2015, pp. 15-20.
- V. Chepegin, D. Meridou, M.-E. Papadopoulou and D. V. Rusu. “Turning Your Legacy Systems into Future Profit: Innovation in Production Management”, Cutter IT Journal, Vol. 28, April, 2015, pp. 21-28.
- G. Lamprinakos, S. Asanin, T. Broden, A. Prestileo, J. Fursse, K. A. Papadopoulos, D. I. Kaklamani and I. S. Venieris. “An integrated remote monitoring platform towards Telehealth and Telecare services interoperability”, Information Sciences, Vol. 308. 2015, pp. 23–37.
- Irene Karanasiou, Imaging of Conductivity Changes of Excitable Tissues Based on Focused Passive Microwave, The Open Biomedical Engineering Journal, 2015, 9, 115-120.
National Technical University of Athens, School of Electrical and Computer Engineers 9, Iroon Polytechniou str. Athens, Post Code 157 80