Photonics Finland is a technology oriented assosiation that drives the photonics industry in Finland. It connects Finnish photonics companies, research centres, and public authorities.
Photonics Finland supports the development of the photonics field from basic research through to the deployment and market launch of products. Photonics Finland develops new business and research opportunities, and helps realize the full potential of the photonics industry in Finland in sectors like health care, energy efficiency, safety, manufacturing, and sustainability.
Photonics Finland has over 80 member organisations that operate together in seven multidisciplinary work groups. Through the work groups, Photonics Finland develops new business and research opportunities from basic research through to the deployment and market launch of products.
- WG1 – Information and communication technologies
- WG2 – Industrial production and quality
- WG3 – Life science and health
- WG4 – Emerging lighting, electronics and displays
- WG5 – Safety, metrology and sensors
- WG6 – Optical components and systems
- WG7 – Photonics research, education and training