Contact Person: Dr. Thomas Kamalakis
Photons@HUA is part of the Department of Informatics and Telematics and was founded in 2008. Initially the lab was used for educational purposes, teaching undergraduate students the fundamental of electronic circuits. It has since grown to a well-equipped, state-of-the-art laboratory which serves a dual role: it trains the undergraduate and post-graduate students of the department in the fields of electronics, photonics and telecommunications while attempts to carry out cutting-edge research in the fields above and related to the research orientation of the department.
The funding for the lab came from donations of the private sector, the University’s budget, the National Strategic Reference Framework (NSRF) and various R&D projects. The lab is housed at the second floor of the Department of Informatics and Telematics building.
Its staff consists of two faculty members, Dr. Thomas Kamalakis and Dr. Christos Michalakelis a senior staff member, Dr. Vasilis Dakakas and two post-doc researchers, Dr. Georgia Dede and Dr. Panagiotis Kanakis. It has currently enrolled four PhD students.
The lab’s mission is to:
(a) train the undergraduate and post-graduate students of the department in the fields of electronics, photonics and telecommunications.
(b) carry out cutting-edge research in the fields above and related to the research orientation of the department
|Dr. Thomas Kamalakis||302109549406||thkam [at] hua.gr|
|Dr. Christos Michalakelis||302109549414||michalak [at] hua.gr|
|Dr. Georgia Dede||302109549416||gdede [at] hua.gr|
|Dr. Panagiotis Kanakis||302109549415||pkanakis [at] hua.gr|
|Mr. Dimitris Alexopoulos||302109549415|
|Mr. Leonidas Dogkas||302109549416|
|Mr. Dimitris Stratoglou||302109549416|
- P. Kanakis, T. Kamalakis, and T. Sphicopoulos, “Designing photonic crystal waveguides for broadband four-wave mixing applications,” Opt. Lett. 40, 1041-1044 (2015)
- Vasilopoulou, M., Georgiadou, D.G., Soultati, A., Douvas, A.M., Papadimitropoulos, G., Davazoglou, D., Pistolis, G., Stathopoulos, N.A., Kamalakis, T., Alexandropoulos, D., Vainos, N., Politi, C.T., Palilis, L.C., Couris, S., Coutsolelos, A.G., Argitis, P. “Solution processed multi-color organic light emitting diodes for application in telecommunications”, Microelectronic Engineering, 145, pp. 21-28 (2015).
- Margariti, K., Kamalakis, T., “Performance of coherent detection in optical wireless systems for high speed indoor communications”, Optical and Quantum Electronics, 47 (5), pp. 985-1003 (2015). J4. Kamalakis, T., Alexandropoulos, D., Vainos, N. “Efficient design of polymer micro-ring resonator filters based on coupled mode theory and finite difference mode solver”, Optics Communications, 339, pp. 123-128 (2015).
- Dede G., Kamalakis T., Sphicopoulos Th., An Approach of Pairwise Comparison Matrices Including the Certainty of Experts and an Application of a Theoretical Model for Estimating the Probability of Rank Reversal, 23rd International Conference on Multicriteria Decision Making Methods, MCDM 2015, Hamburg.
- Dede, G., Kamalakis, T., Sphicopoulos, T. “Convergence properties and practical estimation of the probability of rank reversal in pairwise comparisons for multi-criteria decision making problems”, European Journal of Operational Research, 241 (2), pp. 458-468 (2014).
- Kanakis, P., Kamalakis, T., Sphicopoulos, T., “Designing slow-light photonic crystal waveguides for four-wave mixing applications”, Optics Letters, 39 (4), pp. 884-887 (2014).
- Kanakis, P., Kamalakis, T., Sphicopoulos, T. “Approximate expressions for estimation of four-wave mixing efficiency in slow-light photonic crystal waveguides”, Journal of the Optical Society of America B: Optical Physics, 31 (2), pp. 366-375 (2014).
- T. Kamalakis, Georgia Dede, Katerina Margariti, Panagiotis Kanakis, Dimitris Alexandropoulos and Nikos Vainos, “Photonic Technologies for Next Generation Home and Office Networks”,PCI ’14 Proceedings of the 18th Panhellenic Conference on Informatics (2014)
- K. Margariti and T. Kamalakis, “Coherent Optical Wireless Systems for High Speed Local Area Networks with Increased Resilience”, PCI ’14 Proceedings of the 18th Panhellenic Conference on Informatics (2014)
- Vasilopoulou, M.; Georgiadou, D.G.; Soultati, A; Papadimitropoulos, G.; Argitis, P.; Alexandropoulos, D.; Vainos, N.; Politi, C.T.; Kamalakis, T.; Davazoglou, D., “Enhancing spectral response of organic photodetectors through surface modification of metal oxide electrodes,” Transparent Optical Networks (ICTON), 2014 16th International Conference on , vol., no., pp.1,4, 6-10 July 2014
Omirou 9, Tavros, GR17778, Athens Greece.