The Photonics Leadership Group collects input from the full cross-section of the UK photonics to provide expert and industry informed guidance to government, support agencies, users and developers of photonics to highlight opportunities for maximising the growth and adoption of this key enabling technology.
The PLG welcomes input from industry leaders from across the full spectrum of those developing and applying photonics in the UK, from component suppliers to integrated system manufacturers. We are especially grateful to the following contributors for their regular input.
The Photonics Leadership Group aims to:–
- Increase the UK’s position from its current place as one of the top 5 photonics manufacturers and innovators globally.
- Enhance a strong and competitive photonics supply chain from basic components to high value integrated systems for applications from healthcare to defence and advanced manufacturing.
- Provide a clear voice for the UK photonics industry emphasising the value of photonics as an essential element in solutions to societal challenges and as a rapidly growing manufacturing industry driving significant economic growth.
- Maximise new photonics innovation and its commercialisation, strengthening UK industry to enhance exports and attract inward investment improving the competitiveness and growth of the UK economy.
- Foster continuous strategic dialogue between the photonics industry, government, academia and support agencies, in the UK and Europe, to create an efficient environment for innovation and translation into manufacturing.
To achieve these aims the PLG works with senior stakeholders from across the UK industry, including major industrial manufactures and exporters, globally leading researchers, high growth SMEs and support agencies.